Monday, November 30, 2009

Rwandan Genocide

When I step out of character and look back at the Rwandan genocide I can really only point the finger at one person. That person is Paul Kagame. I say this because if you would like equal rights then you shouldn’t start killing Hutu’s you should petition the government or seek help elsewhere. This entire tragity could have been evoided if the tutsi's would have stayed subordanate to the hutu's. even though almost nobodies actions were noble the R.P.F and Paul Kagame started it all. Even though juvenile was mostly responsible for the deaths of 800,000 Tutsi’s it goes back to the saying, if you mess with the bull you get the horns.

Our class debate was a great experience and I was proud of myself for being as prepared as I was. Everyone in our class stayed in character very well and the discussions got heated, Belgium was beat up on constantly, and the Interhamwe........ well you know what they did, everyone was fighting for there point so much that Mr. Fielder even had to step in and calm us down a few times, gag orders were handed out, I think that says it all. This class assignment made me interested in mammon and Simon and maybe debate is something I should get into, all in all the debate rocked my socks off.

No comments:

Post a Comment